Handheld vacuums for pet hair are one of the best investment you can make as a pet owner. While we adore our pets, they tend to make a variety of messes that we have to clean up. A handheld vacuum for pet hair can help you clean up all these messes with ease.
Keep in mind, pet hair is not easy to clean up. So, your handheld vacuum will need to have robust suction power. Handheld vacuums for pet hair are designed with a variety of features, which will help you efficiently clean any surface in your home. Plus, they provide a convenience that other vacuum cleaners cannot.
Table of Content:
- Comparison Chart Of Handheld Vacuum For Pet Hair.
- Review Of The Top 7 Handheld Vacuum For Pet Hair
- What To Look For In the Best Handheld Vacuum for Pet Hair
- How to get rid of pet hair from Your car
When trying to clean hard to reach areas, such as stairs or furniture, a handheld vacuum is the perfect solution. You will not have to worry about finding a plug, or dragging out a full size vacuum cleaner to care for small messes, including spilled dog food.
Carefully look at the features that the handheld vacuum for pet hair provides. This will help you ensure that you are purchasing a vacuum that suits all of your needs. While these types of vacuums will not be ideal for large clean up jobs, they are great for pet hair and other messes.
You will find a variety of brands offering handheld vacuum for pet hair. These include Dyson, Bissel, Dirt Devil, and Electrolux. Handheld vacuum for pet hair tend to be highly affordable, and come with a number of convenient features.
|Dyson V6||Yes||3.4 lbs||$$$||4.9|
|Bissell 33A1||Yes||4 lbs||$$||4.8|
|Eureka 71B||Yes||4.8 lbs||$$||4.8|
|Dirt Devil SD20005RED||Yes||3.75 lbs||$$||4.6|
|Electrolux EL2055B||Yes||Not Listed||$$||4.5|
|BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH||Yes||Not Listed||$$||4.5|
|Homasy Handheld Vac||Yes||3.44 lbs||$$||4.3|
|Bissell 47R51||Yes||4.7 lbs||$$||4.3|
|Shark (SV75Z)||Yes||3.28 lbs||$$||4.0|
|BISSELL BOLT XRT||Yes||5.8 lbs||$$||3.9|
Dyson has the best handheld vacuum for pet hair. The V6 Trigger is robust in its offerings. While Dyson is a top contender in the vacuum industry, they always ensure the highest quality to their consumers. The V6 Trigger has a V6 motor and 2 Tier Radial Cyclone system. Air flows efficiently, which ensures no pollutants are released back into the air.
The handle has an easy grip design, and this vac works great on all surfaces. The Trigger offers no suction loss while cleaning, as well as no fade power. This vac allows you to clean up household messes in short amounts of time. It has the ability to clean for a full 20 minutes on one charge.The V6 Has a max power mode, which gives you 6 minutes of high powered suction.
- V6 Motor
- 2 Tier Radial Cyclones – 15 Cyclones, Arranged In Two Tiers
- Trigger Design
- 20 Minutes Clean Up On One Charge
- 6 Minute Max Power Suction
Eliminate all your pet hair with the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser. This handheld vac is packed with suction power, and is made to clean up pet hair that is deep in the carpet, rugs and furniture. The nozzle is flexible, allowing you to eliminate debris without harming any of your surfaces. Attachments can easily be interchanged with the nozzle release button, and they lock in place.
This vac is very light weight, as it only weighs 4 pounds. It is ideal for cleaning stairs and furniture. The switches are easy to control, and it contains a pleated post motor filter and screen. The handle is designed for easy grip, and great for all ages and abilities. The Vac comes equipped with a 16 foot cord and wrap system.
- 16 Foot Power Cord And Wrap System
- 4 Pounds
- Easy To Remove Attachments With The Nozzle Release Button
- Filtration System
- Two Different Nozzles Included
- 1 Year Warranty
One of the best handheld vacuum for pet hair is the EasyClean by Eureka. With this handheld vac on your side, you will not have to worry about using a full sized vacuum for small clean ups. It has a 20 foot cord, which is an ideal length for cleaning hard to reach areas. It is packed with power, and designed to efficiently care for pet hair.
The EasyClean has a deluxe hose, which extends up to three times its length. This Vac functions on a 5.5 amp motor, and has a crevice tool. With the use of two motors, you are ensured powerful suction. One motor runs the roller brush, while the other cares for suction. It weighs only 4.8 pounds, and is bagless. Plus, it has easy finger tip controls.
- 5 Amp Motor
- 2 Motors – 1 For Revolving Brush, And Other For Suction.
- 4.8 Pounds
- 20 Foot Cord
Dirt Devil is known for lightweight quality vacuum cleaners. The Scorpion only weighs 3.75 pounds, and is ideal for cleaning hard to reach areas. This vac runs on a 7 amp motor, and has powerful suction. The Quick Flip Crevice Tool allows you to easily clean around edges of furniture and between the car seats. This is a perfect vacuum if you plan to send less than $100.
While the device is handheld, it is not cordless. It has a 16 foot power cord, which is long enough to allow you to reach all areas in your home. The Scorpion comes with a crevice tool, dusting brush, sliding brush and upholstery tool.
- Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Sliding Brush & Upholstery Tool
- 7 Amp Motor
- Weights 3.75 Pounds
- 16 Foot Power Cord
- Shoulder Strap
Functioning on a 10.8 volt Lithium Battery, Electrolux designed Ergorapido with robust suction power. It can easily care for pet hair on any surface within your home. This handheld vac has the ability to outlast its competitors when it comes to charging time. It is a two-in-one vacuum, which allows you to easily convert it to a stick vac or handheld device.
Efficiently cleans pet hair from stairs, wood flooring, tile, furniture, rugs and carpet. It has a quick charge function, which is highly useful when needing to clean up a mess quickly. The Ergorapido is bagless, and it comes with a crevice tool and dusting brush, which easily store in the handle.
- 10.8 Volt Lithium Turbo Power Battery
- Fast Charge
- Easy Steer
- Detachable Handheld Vacuum
- Crevice Tool And Dusting Brush
# 6 BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH MAX Lithium Flex Vacuum with Stick Vacuum Floor Head and Pet Hair Brush, 20-volt
Black and Decker created their Max Vac with flexibility to clean all areas of your home. This vacuum is a handheld device, that can easily be transformed into a stick vacuum to clean floors. The Max Lithium Flex Vacuum can clean high and low. With its cordless ability, this vac functions on a 20 volt Max Lithium battery.
Black and Decker gave this vacuum a variety of functions. This vacuum comes with a four foot extendable hose, stick vac attachment with swivel floor head, and Pet Brush attachment. If you are looking for a multiple functional handheld vacuum, this is one to consider. The lightweight design and endless options are great to clean up after your four legged friends. This is also a good vacuum under $100.
- Lithium Technology
- Pet Hair Brush And Stick Vac Floor Extension
- High-Performance Motor
- 3 Stage Filtration System
Homasy is no stranger to the vacuum industry. They have been making quality vacuums for years. Homasy Handheld Vac was created specifically for pet owners. The powerful suction allows you to rid all surfaces of pet hair. With the vacuum being handheld, you can easily use it on furniture and stairs.
It functions on a rechargeable battery, which allows you to easily clean up small messes. It has a charging stand, which easily stores and charges the vacuum. You can choose to mount this stand on the wall, or it can be placed on a counter top. The stand not only holds the vacuum cleaner, it also holds all of its accessories. Maintenance costs are cut down, with the vacuum being bagless and containing washable filters. It has a motorized bushroller, which will efficiently pick up pet hair.
- 8 Kpa Powerful Cyclonic Suction
- Quick Charge & Long Cleaning Time
- All-round Deep Cleaning
- Replaceable Non-Woven Filters
- Coldless & Intimate After-sales Service
Handheld vacuums for pet hair makes pet owners lives a bit easier. There are a number of features to look for when shopping for a handheld vacuum. Above all, you want to ensure that the vacuum offers enough suction power to efficiently clean up pet hair. Your handheld vacuum for pet hair should offer you all the conveniences of a full size vac, and make clean up a breeze.
Here are some things you want to consider when shopping for a handheld vacuum for pet hair.
- Weight – Since you will be carrying the vacuum by hand, you want to ensure that it is lightweight. Your handheld device should be easy to transport.
- Battery Life – Not all handheld vacuums will have cords. Some of them run on batteries, so you want to ensure that it holds a charge efficiently. You never want to wait on your handheld device to charge just to complete a clean up job.
- Capacity – Pay attention to the size of the vacuum dust cup. It can be annoying if you are constantly having to dump out debris.
- Emptying the Bin – Make sure that you can empty the bin with ease. Some handheld devices will have a bottom empty, and be controlled by the push of a button. Nothing is worse than removing the dust cup and not being able to get it back on the vacuum.
- Wet/Dry Functionality – Handheld vacuum’s often offer wet-dry functionality. This will allow pet owners to clean up all messes their pets make with ease.
- Attachments – Attachments are important to pet owners, because it seems like pet hair gets into hard to reach areas. Attachments will make your life easier. Evaluate how the attachments interchange on the vacuum, and see if there are extra attachments that can be purchased for the device.
- Controls – Your controls need to be easy to access, so you can quickly turn the handheld device on and off.
- Energy Efficiency – Pay attention to the vacuum’s energy source and if it is energy efficient.
- Power – Power is one of the most important aspects, as you want your handheld vacuum for pet hair to have robust suction. If it lacks in power, it will not efficiently clean up your home.
- Motors – Some handheld vacuum cleaners offer more than one motor. One is used to control the brushroller, while the other one cares for suction. This will mean that the handheld vacuum is packed with suction power.
- Filters – Filters matter. They will help keep the air clean, and help your vacuum cleaner function correctly. If the air filters are dirty, it will hinder the performance of your vacuum. Look for HEPA filtration systems, and those that are washable. This will help cut down on dander, dirt and pet hair that is released in the air. In return, your allergy issues will not be aggravated.
- Storage – Some handheld vacuum for pet hair will come with a charging base. This is the ideal solution for storing your device. Plus, the docking system can easily be mounted on the wall or set on a counter top.
When it comes to removing pet hair from a car, we feel toughest job to do so. So here’s the professional tips and techniques to make easy for you to clean off pet hair.