Finding the right sofa bed for dogs can be a daunting task if you do not know what you are looking for. There are many features to consider when choosing the right dog bed for your four legged friends.
High quality sofa bed for dogs will be durable and last for many years. You should look at this purchase as an investment that will help your dog sleep better. It will also help support their joints, which will allow them to age with grace.
Arthritis is prevalent in dogs, and a quality sofa bed for dogs can really make a huge difference. The market is flooded with choices, but they are not created equally. You want to ensure that you are purchasing a bed from a trusted maker, as this will bring you peace of mind knowing the bed was made with quality products.
In this guide, you will find all the answers to your questions about shopping for a high quality sofa bed for dogs. You will be able to make an informed decision about which dog bed would suit your dogs needs. Plus, we will help you find the best price on the market. You may also be interested in reading more on best dog couch covers and best dog blankets.
When you sink money into a poorly made dog bed, it will not be used by your four legged friends. Therefore, it becomes a waste of money. You never want to throw money away on a bed that will not be used. Invest your money in a product that will help your dog, and be used on a daily bases.
The design and material will play a huge role in the beds longevity. Once you know what to look for in a quality sofa bed for dogs, then you can confidently buy a bed that your dog will love.
Table of Content:
- Comparison Chart Of Sofa Bed For Dogs
- Review Of The Top 7 Best Sofa Bed For Dogs
- Why Does My Dog Need A Bed?
- Choosing A Sofa Bed For Dogs
- How to potty train your dog
Comparison Chart Of Sofa Bed For Dogs
(length x width)
|Tan Baxter||54 x 34 inches||Poly-suede, plush Sherpa top, orthopedic foam mattress, hypo-loft fiber filling||$$$||4.9|
|PetFusion||36 x 28 inches||Durable polyester (65%) & cotton (35%) twill||$$$||4.8|
|Beasley's||54 x 34 inches||Hypro-loft poly fiber filling||$$$||4.7|
|K&H Manufacturing||33 x 24 inches||Orthopedic memory foam||$$||4.6|
|AmazonBasics||35 x 22 inches||Fleece cover; polyester bolster/cushion; polypropylene base||$$||4.5|
|Dosckocil (Petmate) DDS28377||20 x 16 inches||Filled with high-loft, recycled polyester fiber fill||$$||4.4|
|Leegoal||46 x 42 inches||berber fleece||$$||4.3|
|Trendy Pet||28 x 20 inches||Bolstered Ultra-Soft Microfiber||$$||4.3|
|Brinkmann||29 x 19 inches||Faux Leather||$$||4.2|
|Fantasy Furniture||36 x 24 inches||Orthopedic Memory Foam||$$||4.2|
Detailed review Of The Top 7 Best Sofa Bed For Dogs
#7 Leegoal Cute Paw Print Comfortable Pets
This cute sofa bed for dogs is designed for small breeds. It is a great haven for your little pooch to rest. The bed is affordable, and designed with your dog’s comfort in mind. The Leegoal Cute Paw Print Bed is self-warming, which means it will heat up quickly during the winter months.
It is constructed with micro-suede, which is very soft and easy to clean. The sleeping area is plush and cozy. The pillow of the bed is detachable, and machine washable. The exterior part of the bed is a Berber fleece material, which adds to the warmth of the bed. Your small dog will love nesting down in this snugly bed. The bolster is overstuffed, which just adds more comfort for insecure dogs.
- Berber Fleece And Micro Suede
- Self Warming
- Machine Washable
- Quality Warranty
#6 Dosckocil (Petmate) DDS28377 Sofa Dog Bed
The Dosckocil Sofa Bed For Dogs is made of sheepskin, which is very soft and cozy. It is trimmed with a suede bolster, and goes well with all décor. To help keep the bed in place, there is a non-skid bottom. This is the perfect solution if the bed is being placed on hardwood floors or tile.
The Dosckocil Bed is filled with High-Loft Poly-Fiber, which is recycled and highly comfortable. The bed is machine washable and easy to spot clean. The overall measurements of the bed are 20 x 16 inches.
- Variety of Colors
- Comes with Bonus Pillow
- Made of Sheepskin and a Suede Bolster
- Filled with High-Loft Poly Blend
- Machine Washable
- Measures 20 x 16 inches
#5 AmazonBasics Padded Pet Bolster Bed
AmazonBasics designed the Padded Pet Bolster Bed to suit all dogs needs. This bed adds support and comfort to your dog, so they can get a good night’s rest. The bed is rectangular in shape and 36 inches long. It is ideal for crates or kennels.
The bed is made of soft fleece and has a polyester cushion. It has a rim that is comfortable and ideal for your dog to rest their heads. The overall measurements of the Padded Pet Bolster Bed are 35 x 22 x 2.5 inches. It is machine washable.
- Machine Washable
- Measures 35 X 22 X 2.5 Inches
- Soft Fleece Cover
- Polyester Cushion
- Fits Most Crates, Carriers And Pet Houses
#4 K&H Manufacturing Memory Foam Cozy Sofa
The K&H Sofa Bed For Dogs is both luxurious and comfortable. This bed is designed with a memory foam base, which provides unlimited support for your dog. There is a bolster that adds comfort, support and security.
This bed has a one year warranty, ensuring your dog has a quality bed that they adore. The orthopedic memory foam is ideal for aging pets. With the base being thick, there is no fear of the bed breaking down before its time. The cover is removable and washable.
- One Year Warranty
- Removable And Washable Cover
- Orthopedic Memory Foam
- Two Sizes: Medium(24″X33″) Large(“30″X41”)
# 3 NEW Extra Large 54″ x 34″ Beasley’s Couch Dog Bed
Beasley’s Couch Dog Bed is large in size. It measures 54 inches by 34 inches, which is perfect for large, medium and small breeds. It really depends on your dog’s sleeping habits when it comes to choosing the right bed. If they enjoy stretching out, then you will want a bed that gives them plenty of room.
The cover is removable and machine washable. It Is made of a cotton – poly blend, which is soft and comfortable. The bolster is overstuffed, which is ideal for dogs who need added security while sleeping. The Beasley’s Couch Bed is firm, and filled with Hypo-Loft poly-fill. This is a blend of virgin and recycled fibers, which is firm and supportive. This bed will easily last for years, as it is designed to keep its shape.
- 4 Colors And Sizes To Choose From
- Virgin And Recycled Fiber Blend
- Firm And Supportive
- Overstuffed Bolster
- Hypo-Loft Poly-Fiber
- Keeps Its Shape
#2 PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed & Lounge
PetFusion designed the Ultimate Dog Bed and Lounge with comfort in mind. The base is memory foam, which adds support to the bed and helps it keep its shape. Plus, memory foam has the ability to help joint pain associated with arthritis, which is perfect for aging dogs. On top of the memory foam base is a eco-friendly poly fill bolster. This helps add security to your dog when they are sleeping.
It is made of polyester, cotton and twill, which are all strong materials. The cover of the bed is water and tear resistant. The bottom is non-skid, which will help the bed stay in place on bare flooring. The cover is removable and machine washable. Perfect size for medium to large breeds, as it measures 36 x 28 x 6 inches.
- Memory Foam Base
- Eco-Friendly Polyfill
- Made Of Polyester, Cotton And Twill
- Water Resistant & Tear Resistant Cover
- Non-Skid Bottom
- Removable Cover Is Machine Washable
- Measures 36 X 28 X 9 Inches
#1 Dog Bed and Couch Extra-large
The Dog Bed by Hidden Valley is the top rated sofa bed for dogs for many reasons. This bed is perfect for large, medium or small breeds. It has an extra large lounging area, which is great for those dogs that like to stretch out. The design of the bed is pleasing, and goes well with all décor.
The bed has a removable cover that is machine washable. The colors are neutral, and have the ability to hide dog hair well. It is made of Poly-Suede and Shepra. The mattress is an orthopedic foam, which is great for arthritic dogs. This bed is filled with hypo-loft fiber, which adds to its comfort.
- Orthopedic Foam Mattress
- Hypo-Loft Fiber Filling
- Measures 34 Inches X 54 Inches
- Light Weight
- Neutral Colors
- Made Of Poly-Suede And Sherpa
Why Does My Dog Need A Bed?
There are many reasons why dog owners would want to invest in a bed for their dog. A dog has to sleep somewhere, and you can give them a comfortable place that suits all their needs. Dogs who do not have a bed will end up in bed with you, or sleeping on the furniture. A dog bed will help prolong the life of your furniture. This is something that is sacred to most dog owners. While we love our pets, they tend to wreek havoc on our furniture. Often causing it to wear out before its time.
If you need a standalone bed for your large dog then check out my list here for that.
Here are some reasons why you would want to invest in a sofa bed for dogs.
1. Disturbing Your Sleep – Our dogs have a habit of being restless when they sleep. This can cause a huge disruption to your sleep patterns if they are sharing a bed with you. If your dog is constantly getting on and off the bed, snoring loudly, or moving a lot during the night, you will not have a peaceful night’s rest. If you happen to own a large dog, they may end up taking up more room than you. This could cause a lot of discomfort when trying to go to sleep.
2. Fleas – Dogs go in and out, and they tend to get a flea or two. While you are a responsible pet owner and you care for fleas, there is always that chance that the flea will find your bed. Once the flea gets into your bed, they could nest and multiply. Before you know it, you could have a flea problem right in your bed. When your dog has their own bed, you will not have to worry about fleas becoming an issue with yours.
3. Smelly and Dirty – You can wash your dog every week, but he is bound to become smelly and dirty at some point. This will cause your furniture and bed to have an odor. Once that odor sinks into the material it could be hard to get out. Deter this from happening by getting your dog his own place to lay.
4. Place To Unwind – A dog bed can give your four legged friends a lot of comfort. They know it is theirs and theirs alone. Therefore, when they are tired, they will return to their beds for a rest. Plus, you can train them to lay down when they become a little too hyper. Your dog needs a comfortable place to unwind.
5. Allergies – A sofa bed for dogs will help cut down on the allergies in your home. It will deter your pet from laying on your furniture, and spreading pet hair to other areas of your home.
Choosing A Sofa Bed For Dogs
Here are some things that you want to keep in mind when shopping for a sofa bed for dogs.
- Dogs Weight – You want to ensure that the bed supports your dog’s weight, as it will break down easily if the dog is too heavy for the bed.
- Measurements – take into account your dog’s sleeping habits. You will want to get a bed that is large enough for them to stretch out a bit.
- Style – The style of bed will be determined by your dog’s favorite sleeping position. If they like to curl up in a ball, a nesting bed would be ideal. If they like to stretch out, you will want to go with a mattress type bed.
- Material – Determine the right material by considering your dogs needs. If your dog has allergies, then you will want to go with material that is hypoallergenic. If your dog is cold natured, then you will want a super cozy material, such as fleece or shepra.
How to potty train your dog
This video is about how to train your dog to not potty in your home. And keep your home, sofa, dog bed and other space from dogs potty.