Are you shopping for the best hand vacuum for pet hair? We all love our pets, but they tend to leave messes behind that need to be cleaned up quickly. A hand held vacuum is ideal for pet messes. It isn’t always ideal to drag out a full size vacuum, when all you need is a quick clean up job.
However, not all hand vacuums are created equally. A lot of hand vacuums do not have the suction power that is needed to clean up pet hair. This proves to be an issue for pet owners who are facing cleanups on multiple surfaces, such as stairs, rugs and upholstery.
That is why it is important that you understand what features to look for when shopping for the best hand vacuum for pet hair. These types of vacuums tend to be very affordable, and come with a number of options. Take the time to understand features, so you can find the best hand vacuum for pet hair to suit all of your needs.
Table of Content
- Comparison Chart Of The Best Hand Vacuum For Pet Hair.
- Review Of The Top 7 Best Hand Vacuum For Pet Hair.
- Different Uses For A Handheld Vacuum.
- What To Look For In the Best Hand Vacuum for Pet Hair
- How to remove pet hair from carpet (a video)
|BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L
|Dirt Devil SD20005RED
|ArmorAll AA12V1 0901
|M0105 Dirt Devil
The ArmorAll AA12V10901 is a handheld wet and dry vac, which means it can clean up liquids and debris. It has a lightweight design, making it easy to maneuver the vacuum over any surface you are cleaning. ArmorAll designed this vac with a built in crevice tool, which helps you get into hard to reach areas. Perfect solution for pet owners who love their furry friends, but not their hair. Under $100 this vacuum is the best.
It runs on a 12-volt plug, which means you can plug this handheld device into your cars power source.. This handheld vac has a 15-foot cord, a brush for dry cleaning, a squeegee for wet cleaning, and a storage bag. This is the ideal vac for pet owners who like to take their pets on the go with them. Cleaning up pet hair in your car has never been so easy.
- 12-Volt Plug
- 15-Foot Cord
- Wet And Dry Cleanup
- Built-In Crevice Tool
The Shark Pet Perfect II Hand Vac is designed with pet owners in mind. It has powerful suction, which allows it to pick up the toughest pet hair from any surface. Since the vacuum is handheld, it is easy to use on furniture and stairs. No job is too big or small for this vac.
The rechargeable 18 volt battery allows you to grab the vac quickly and cleanup. You do not have to worry with finding a plug to operate this vacuum. The deluxe charging stand allows you to easily store and charge the device. The stand can be mounted on the wall or placed on a counter top. Plus, this stand will hold the vac, as well as the accessories. The filters are washable, which help save on maintenance cost. The motorized brushroller allows you to easily pick up dirt, debris, pet hair and dander.
- Rechargeable Battery
- Deluxe Charging Stand
- Motorized Brushroller
- 18 Volt Rechargeable Battery
- Weights 4.92 Pounds
- Washable Filters
The Scorpion by Dirt Devil weights only 3.75 pounds, which is ideal for a handheld vacuum. It is easy to maneuver, and runs on a 7 amp motor. This vac is equipped with powerful suction to ensure no pet hair is left behind.
It has a Quick Flip crevice tool, which helps you clean hard to reach areas, such as car seats and couch cushions. Easily reach any area you wish to clean with the 16 foot power cord. The vac is bagless, which saves on maintenance costs. This vac comes with a crevice tool, dusting brush, sliding brush and upholstery tool.
- Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Sliding Brush & Upholstery Tool
- 7 Amp Motor
- Weights 3.75 Pounds
- 16 Foot Power Cord
- Shoulder Strap
Eureka is a name you know and trust. Their EasyClean Handheld vac eliminates the need for a full size vacuum. This vac is powerful, and designed to take on the toughest jobs. The 20-foot cord allows you to reach more areas with your handheld device. It has a deluxe hose that extends up to 3 times its length.
Runs on 5.5 amp motor, and comes with a crevice tool. Two motors allow for high power suction. One motor is designed to work the revolving brush, while the other is specifically to power suction. The EasyClean only weights 4.8 pounds, is bagless and easy finger tip controls.
- 5 Amp Motor
- 2 Motors – 1 For Revolving Brush, And Other For Suction.
- 8 Pounds
- 20 Foot Cord
Black and Decker designed their Dust Buster with lithium technology in mind. The suction is powerful, and the vac will not lose power while using it. This vac is durable, and able to hold charge for 18 months when off the charger. The lightweight design makes this the ideal vac to use on stairs and furniture.
It is bagless, and the dirt cup is translucent, which makes it easy to see when it’s time to empty it. The Lithium ion charger will shut off when the battery is fully charged. The rotating slim nozzle has a built in crevice tool. The wide mouth design allows you to clean up more area in shorter amounts of time. The Flip Brush allows you to clean upholstery efficiently. The quick charging base allows you to charge up the vac in short amounts of time.
- 16 Volt Lithium Ion Battery
- Quick Charge Base
- Washable Filter
- Built-In Crevice Tool
- Flip Brush
- Clear Dirt Cup
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser efficiently works on the toughest pet hair. This handheld vac contains enough suction power to clean pet hair from thick carpet or heavy knitted rugs. It has a flexible rubber nozzle, which will eliminate debris without damaging your surfaces. Attachments are easy to switch out when using the nozzle-release button. Each attachment locks into place with ease.
Weighing 4 pounds, this vac is easy to use and transport. There are fingertip switch controls, which are convenient. The pleated post motor filter and filter screen, ensure the best clean up possible. The handle is easy to grip, and ideal for all ages and abilities. The Pet Hair Eraser also has a 16 foot power cord and wrap system.
- 16 Foot Power Cord And Wrap System
- 4 Pounds
- Easy To Remove Attachments With The Nozzle Release Button
- Filtration System
- Two Different Nozzles Included
- 1 Year Warranty
The V6 Trigger by Dyson is the best hand vacuum for pet hair. Dyson is a top contender in the vacuum industry with their advance suction technology. This powerful handheld vac has 3 times the power of other handheld vacs. It runs on a V6 motor and 2 Tier Radial Cyclones. Airflow is increased, and less pollutants are released back into the air during clean up.
The design easily fits into your hand, and is ideal for any type of clean up. Suction will not fade as you are vacuuming. The trigger design allows clean up to occur faster than other handheld vacs. Can clean for up to 20 minutes on one charge. Has a max power mode, which gives you 6 minutes of high powered suction.
- V6 Motor
- 2 Tier Radial Cyclones – 15 Cyclones, Arranged In Two Tiers
- Trigger Design
- 20 Minutes Clean Up On One Charge
- 6 Minute Max Power Suction
The market is flooded with different handheld vacuum cleaners. All the popular brands that you know and trust offer this type of vacuum, including Black & Decker, Bissell, Eureka, Dirt Devil, and Dyson. You always need to consider what you will be using your hand vacuum for, as this will help you narrow down your choices. Here are the most popular uses of a hand held vacuum.
- Clean up small messes around the house – if you have the occasional spill that needs to be cared for, such as cereals being spilt or dog food on the floor, a hand held vac is ideal.
- Cleaning Vehicles – Handheld Vacs can easily help you clean up your car without having to drag a hose around like full size vacuums offer.
- Pet Hair – Our pets become family, but they tend to leave their hair behind on furniture. A hand held device can easily care for pet hair on any surface.
Depending on your needs, you will want to thoroughly view all the features that the vacuum has to offer. They will not be created equally, so it is important that you understand what each feature can do for you. Remember, having a handheld vacuum is about making clean up easy for you. If the hand vacuum you choose does not have the features you need, then clean up will not be done with ease.
- Weight – the hand vacuum should be light weight, but packed with power. You want to be able to transport the vac with ease, as well as maneuver it on any type of surface.
- Battery Life – Many hand vacuums run on rechargeable batteries. Therefore, you want to ensure that the battery life will remain charged long enough for you to complete your clean up job. Nothing is worse than having to stop and recharge the vac to finish cleaning up.
- Capacity – Look at the dirt cup and see how much debris it is capable of holding. For larger clean up jobs, you do not want to have to empty the cup multiple times.
- Emptying the Bin – decide how you want to empty the debris from your hand vacuum. Ensure that it is easily accessible, and you understand how to remove and replace the dirt cup back on the device. When using the best hand vacuum for pet hair, you want to ensure all the debris goes into the trash, not back into the air.
- Wet/Dry Functionality – Many pet owners consider a wet-dry vac to be the best hand vacuum for pet hair. This will allow them to wet the surface, and still pick up pet hair. So, if you need to apply a cleaner, the vacuum will not have an issue sucking up pet hair.
- Attachments – attachments should be included with the best hand vacuum for pet hair. It is hard to reach all areas of your home with just a nozzle. You want your handheld vac to be diverse, and offer you the tools to clean anywhere you please.
- Controls – ensure that the controls of the vacuum are easy to access and use.
- Energy Efficiency – High quality handheld vacuums will offer energy efficiency.
- Power – one of the most important factors to look for when shopping for the best hand vacuum for pet hair is the power it possesses. You want to ensure that the vacuum can efficiently pick up pet hair.
- Motors – The power of the vac will depend on the motor. Ensure that your handheld Vac is equipped with a motor that will give you the power you need. Look for devices that offer dual motors. One for power and one for suction.
- Filters – when cleaning up pet hair, you want to ensure that the vac has a good filtration system. This will stop pet hair and dander from entering into the air.
- Storage – See if the vac comes with a charging base, and its ease of storage.
As a pets parents, we all know that pet hair’s are everywhere and it is tough job to clean it off. In this video will see the easy way to remove pet hair from carpet.